Thursday 23 May 2013

Why i can't get enough of yoga!

Recovery tip number two: YOGA.

When i first went on the 90 Day Programme and learnt about how yoga was meant to help people recover from this i thought to myself - seriously?! I can barely do anything and you want me to do a load of yoga?! But believe me, it does help a hell of a lot.

One of the main things i learnt in yoga, which can help tremendously to alter your state, is proper breathing. When i was in my "crash" and "wired and tired" state, i had an exceeding amount of anxiety and began to breath a lot out of my mouth, which is known as stress breathing! By learning to follow my breath, slowly listening to it entering and leaving my nostrils, feeling my abdomen rising and falling, i began to calm down and regain control thereby calming my whole entire nervous system down and looking at things from a very different, calmer perspective. If all you can do is breathing exercises - it is definitely going to improve your health!

I would recommend to you the "Beat Fatigue with Yoga" Dvd by Fiona Agonbar, and also her book Beat fatigue with yoga. It is very gentle yoga, specifically designed for people with fatigue or CFS and even in my worst stages, helped me so so much. Her voice is so calming and the postures are very grounding. If you are getting stronger and improving i would also recommend to you the dvd "Yoga for stress relief" which is available on amazon. It has the sea in the background and is so relaxing!


Yoga is proven to really help calm your nervous system, improve sleep, stretch out muscle tension and improve our circulation. Currently, i am strong enough to go to classes several times a week, and i cannot tell you how beneficial it has been to me! If classes overwhelm you, i would also recommend getting a private yoga teacher so you can go at your own pace and get the attention you need and you can make her aware of issues that you have.

When i do my yoga, i feel the stress and anxiety just leave me. I am caught up in the moment and the postures and i just do what i can, being compassionate towards myself and listening to my body's needs.  I am even considering becoming a yoga teacher one day (i am gonna need a bit more practice obviously)! That is how much yoga has influenced and helped me, and so i hope you give it a go!






Nameste.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, meditation is one of the ultimate thing, we can do , either to be fit or to loss weight. As the fresh air and mediation are one of the key factors that will keep us helping in all the way in the run of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Joanne. Being in nature is really nice too :) Yoga and meditation can really help to just clear our minds in those difficult situations! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have long felt a special connection with herbal medicine. First, it's natural, Charlie attended the same small college in Southern California - Claremont Men's College - although he dropped out of school to enroll in the Julliard School of Performing Arts in New York. York. Had he been to Claremont, he would have been senior the year I started there; I often thought that was the reason he was gone when he discovered that I had herpes. So, my life was lonely all day, I could not stand the pain of the outbreak, and then Tasha introduced me to Dr. Itua who uses herbal medicines to cure her two weeks of consumption. I place an order for him and he hands it to my post office, then I pick it up and use it for two weeks. All my wounds are completely healed, no more epidemic. I tell you honestly that this man is a great man, I trust him Herbal medicine so much that I share this to show my gratitude and also to let sick people know that there is hope with Dr. Itua. Herbal Center.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ www.drituaherbalcenter.com
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    Prostate
    Breast Cancer
    Brain Cancer
    CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT.
    ,Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases
    Hepatitis,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Tach Disease,Shingles,
    Lung Cancer, Leukemia Lymphoma Cancer,
    Lung Mesothelioma Asbestos,
    Ovarian Cervical Uterine Cancer,
    Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor,
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Cervical Cancer
    Colo-rectal Cancer
    Blood Cancer
    SYPHILIS.
    Diabetes
    Liver / Inflammatory kidney
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete